Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Small town paralegal in the city. Once ran a law office, now being run by one. Med mal defense litigation. I think it's growing on me.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Office Romance Gone Downhill

It's a tale as old as time - the intraoffice love affair. But it's one that can wreak havoc on your life. Literally.

In 1989, it ended the life of a newly wed legal assistant. Being dumped for a younger woman her husband had met at the office was too much for Elisabeth "Betty" Broderick, who shot and killed her nemesis and the ex while the two were in bed together one night.

There are several good reasons not to engage in a romantic relationship with someone in the office, especially if that someone can make or break your career and is also married. Until I read this story, though, it never occurred to me that one of those reasons is personal safety.

So beware, my paralegal brothers and sisters, when seeking love, try to avoid the married co-worker or boss. It might save both your reputation and your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment